As we head into this new school year, I’d like to pause and celebrate what we’ve accomplished together over the last twelve months.
Thanks to donors and volunteers like you, Lake Washington Schools Foundation has helped students and families stay fed, informed, connected, and mentally healthy during the pandemic. With your support, we have continued this vital work in our community, and even expanded our impact.
- 175 LWSD staff and teachers equipped with Youth Mental Health First Aid Training.
- 30,000+ weekend meals distributed by Pantry Packs to LWSD students battling food insecurity.
- $6,079 in lunch debt paid for students in need.
- Over 2,100 community members empowered with mental wellness tools through Balance in Mind Parent Chats and educational webinars.
- 2,356 students and parents supported through the college application process with our Find Your Fit workshops.
- 876 elementary students hosted by 158 teen volunteers at Kids Coming Together community service events.
- 5,547 middle school students given the opportunity to connect and achieve through the Battle of the Books district-wide competition.
We are energized by these impacts, and we are not only building on the work that we have done before, but seizing on new opportunities to support students and families in LWSD. Keep reading for information about upcoming events!
Thank you for your commitment to ensuring that every child has the opportunity to succeed.