If there's anything we've learned over the past 2 years, it's that we never know what's around the corner. Just when we think we have it all figured out, the universe throws us a new challenge. What we CAN focus on is to meet each of these challenges as they come, and to accomplish what we can with what we have. Together. As a strong and resilient community. That's why I'm so grateful for the many volunteers, organizations, donors, and businesses who continue to show up with us, everyday, to support the students and families in Lake Washington School District. Here's what we've achieved together since the beginning of the school year in September:
- Distributed over 11,000 weekend food packs to students in need.
- Provided Youth Mental Health First Aid training sessions for 37 teachers and staff.
- Resumed in-person mentoring for over 70 local students in 15 elementary schools.
- Educated families in youth mental wellness through workshops, print resources, and bi-weekly Parent Chats.
- Brought students together to support peer connections through multiple community events,
- Supported 1,786 students and parents with the college planning and application process.
- Empowered students to connect and achieve through funding Battle of the Books for all participating LWSD middle schools.
- Supported Spanish-speaking families through the funding of weekly Spanish video newsletters.
Valentine's Day is coming up, and what better way to honor an LWSD teacher or staff member than to send them a special valentine. Let them know that their hard work, dedication and perseverance is seen and appreciated.
Looking for a job? We're seeking a Development Associate to join our team! Take a look and share this job announcement with qualified candidates who would like to work with Lake Washington Schools Foundation.
Last but not least, read below to check out all the upcoming events offered by our programs to support the LWSD community.